Car door wanted from trade

I have give up trying to get a drivers door for my Citroen ZX from scap yards as they don't match so I want to buy a door from someone like 'Panel On', which no longer exists and I need an alternative. Any ideas

Reply to
Mike

"Mike" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

What d'you mean by "don't match"?

Colour? Well, since the newest ZX is over a decade old now, it's no wonder the paint's faded a bit... So why not just get a close match and either live with it or get it blown over to match? Going to be a LOT cheaper than getting a new bare door, painting from scratch, then fitting it out from scratch.

Reply to
Adrian

Colour is not a problem as we all know it has to be resprayed. Match: It is an Elation 'without' the rubber along the side.

The few scappers which has had one are always 250miles plus away and I don't buy without seeing first so won't accept through post. I have been looking on Ebay for over six months and one was a possible

100 miles away, but a scapper bought it first and took it a further 150 miles north.

So back to my original question, Any one know of a trader in the west country who sells doors & panels?

Reply to
Mike

"Mike" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

IIRC, that's a plastic badge, rather than a sticker, so should transfer from the old door easily enough.

If not, a new sticker's going to be a few quid, no more.

Reply to
Adrian

No, The Elation car doors do not have rubber along the side of the doors. Different design. No stickers either Most other ZX models do, that's why its difficult to find one without. And that why I want to go to Trade

Reply to
Mike

This type of door

Mike

"Mike" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Not quite with you. D'you mean no rubbing strip? The door itself's certainly not going to be different.

Reply to
Adrian

It's an old snotter.

Just bung on a door that's a close colour match and don't worry about minor trim differences.

Reply to
SteveH

Doors with bump strips may have holes in. That's going to look pretty naff.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Douglas Payne gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I'm fairly sure they're just stick-on on ZXs. There's certainly no way that Citroen are going to have produced different door skins for one particular UK-only special edition.

Reply to
Adrian

Might it be the rubbers are simply glued on? They are on my car - which was available without too. Saves having to produce different doors.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Seconded. If holes in the door for the rubbing strip are an issue, get some vinyl stripes.

Reply to
Conor

Quite. I recall my white Minivan sported a tatty red door on one side and a disgusting blue door on the other. The colour match was close enough to satisfy me (and fascinate the Police).

Reply to
Roger Hunt

SteveH has got used to that owning Alfas. Plenty of holes as well.

Reply to
Slider

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Reply to
Conor

"Speed holes"

Reply to
PCPaul

And at it's current bid of £200, probably cheaper than buying a new door!

Reply to
SimonJ

SimonJ

Remember that ad where the Indian guy turns a Hindustan Ambassador into a Peugeot ...?

Maybe an elephant is what you need...

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos