citroen zx 1.6i

i tried starting the car one day and u no wen u try en start a car when its ment to tick then start up well in myn it jus nothing you jus hear a clicking noise coming from near the battery where the fuse box is by the ECU.could it b a blown fuse?

i have tried the ignition barrell works fine.from in the car it looks normal like on a normal start up but nothing moves in the engine bay jus that clickin noise can anyone help me plz?

cheers ash

Reply to
dump_allover_me

it aint the battery iv had a new one put it same as a new starter motor.

sorry i was in a rush.

Reply to
asha

When you've learned to type in English... Charge the battery.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Apologise all you like, but it's only yourself you're hindering - that was almost incomprehensible.

So the starter motor's new then? Or is it a re-con one? Sounds like the solenoid's sticking. Whack it with a hammer. But if you're not sure exactly where to whack, then get someone else to whack it for you.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Fnarr fnarr!

Reply to
DervMan

Don't they teach grammar in schools nowadays? You know, things like capital letters, how to spell and where to put punctuation. It makes asking questions so much easier.

Reply to
Malc

Define clicking. Could be solenoid on jammed starter?

Reply to
Lofty.

Reply to
Lofty.

And you're replying to my criticism of grammar too, not the original post.

Reply to
Malc

Thought we were talking cars not grammar. Three things occur to me:

  1. He could be foreign, with a name like Asha.
  2. He could be more used to text messaging than posting.
  3. Didn't see much difficulty in appreciating what he wanted to know from the text as written! >
Reply to
Lofty.

his name's Ash. The original message was in "txt spk" - this is Usenet, where English is the common language. Normal grammatical and spelling errors /typos are tolerated, but let's not let it degenerate into the "txt gnr8tion", IYSWIM. The original message was ambiguous to say the least. To get the most effective help quickest, you need to post clear details of what's wrong.

I did try to help initially based on the information given. Criticising spelling & grammar isn't usually good netiquette (as a teacher I can ignore a lot), but there are times when a point needs to be made.

Sorry for being off-topic. Can we get back to helping the original poster now?

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Possibly a crap battery connection. Solenoid engages, starter motor draws high current, the resistance of the crap connection causes the voltage at the solenoid coil drops, and the solenoid de-energises.

High load through the resistive connection ceases, voltage at the coil goes backup, solenoid engages, process repeats, resulting in a chattering noise and no turn over when you crank the engine.

Happened to me on a 1.9Dt Pug 306.

/john

Reply to
John Kenyon

Yes but you were replying to my post not to the OP. That was the point I was trying to make to you.

As Chris said though, this is a UK newsgroup and you are supposed (or so I've read somewhere about nettiquette) to do a bit of browsing and pick up the tenor of the group before posting. If everyone here posted in text speak it would be ok but most people here use reasonable grammatical English.

Reply to
Malc