Corsa windscreen tint?

My wife's newish Corsa 1.3 TDi has a cracked windscreen (stone-caused, apparently). The insurance chap asked whether it was a green or purple tinted glass. ("We can only replace exact like with like.") Neither of us can confidently say which - it's a *very* faint tint. So we've carefully gone through the original brochures. As far as we can see, there's no mention of tinted windscreens anywhere, in either main brochure nor accessories booklet.

Anyone know any more about this, or how to definitively establish the tint please?

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

The windows will be the same tint. Wind one half down and it'll be obvious.

Reply to
Doki

Have you tried taking a variety of pictures of it using a camera - sometimes, the camera picks up what ones eye struggles with.

And I guess you've tried putting white paper on the dash and having a look?

Are the side windows the same? Opening a window part way down and looking at a white object could help, too.

You could ask Vauxhall?

Reply to
DervMan

Thanks. After a lot more searching I eventually found *one* that was helpful:

As you see, standard tint is green. (A very faint one IMO!) And that explains why all windows looked the same - the spec says "green tinted glass", not specifically windscreen.

When we contacted the insurance desk again we spoke to a different guy, and he was better-informed. If the first one had known his stuff, instead of just asking "what colour is the windscreen", the issue wouldn't have arisen: we'd have just said 'standard'.

Anyway, still waiting to get it fixed - they don't have one with a rain sensor in stock.

Still find it very surprising the Vauxhall specs don't mention it.

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Wind down a side window and hold white paper up to the far side of the window - you'll clearly see the difference between plain white and tint.

Reply to
Coyoteboy