Cleaning alloy wheels?

The alloys on my Suzuki get built up heavily with brake dust.

Washing when doing the car gets the majority off, but leaves bits in the corners etc. Is there something that will bring this off easily or is it just a case of scrubbing away :o(

Thanks

Neil

Reply to
Dr. Compynei

expensive stuff from every car parts place. cheap stuff from tescos.

Reply to
Max the Axe

I use "Wonder Wheels" on mine. Work it on the dirt with a paint brush then wash off and they come up like new.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Dodds

It depends on how easy it is to get into the nooks and crannies. I use one of those scourers designed for a bath. I think they're kinder to the finish than chemical cleaners. After cleaning, a polish with some hard wax helps make cleaning easier next time.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I use Wonder Wheels, which is pretty good. But I have noticed that if I'm not regular enough with this some black gets permanently attached to the wheel and won't come off even with Wonder Wheels.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

I think the problem is with heavy braking - the dust particles are red hot and burn into the paint.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah! That may be the case.

Rob

Reply to
Rob graham

Tried them all. "Wonder Wheels" for me also.

Reply to
Phil Cobham

Most acidic based wheel cleaners are similar, at least in my experience. Frequent washing and using an old toothbrush work, too. Oh, and wax the wheels once they're clean, too.

Reply to
DervMan

Reply to
kevinseven772000

you forgot to start with 'Hello'...

Reply to
Tim Vincent

What's a "Citreon" anyway?

Reply to
DervMan

Toothbrush.

Reply to
SimonJ

RTFP

Reply to
SimonJ

Trouble is you get this black stuff on your teeth, then.

Rob

Reply to
Rob graham

So that's what causes it!

Reply to
Peat

Aha, I think I may have just discovered why Charlie has black teeth on a Monday morning...

Reply to
DervMan

Well, pretty much everyone I know has the brake dust on their wheels. No, I drive a Suzuki X-90 (go on go on). Actually, my mum has a "Citeron", but its a Picasso, and she also gets break dust.

Clueless top posting google user.

Reply to
Dr. Compynei

Shouldn't that be 'break' dust too?