Clutch on 98 Escort (1.6 16v)

OK - so I'm going to attempt doing the clutch on the above said vehicle.

I've tried Googling for a few hours, but can't see anything that might trip me up.

Anyone know of any gotchas? Also, once the gearbox is off, would a standard windey up jack under the sump be sufficient to support the motor?

Any tips, hints and suggestions more than welcome.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

Yes. On the basis that the engine doesn't weigh anything like the weight on a jacking point. And you're not lifting the whole engine, even.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Agreed, but I would recommend a block of wood in between the sump and the jack.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat