Another clutch...

The clutch on my 98 Escort 16v is terminally ill. It's got to the point now where any sort of acceleration causes it to slip badly.

I'd like to do the job myself, how much would a clutch kit cost? I've tried Googling for a Ford parts stockist but have only found people trying to sell me competition parts, so where would I go about getting it?

Also, are there any knows gotchas about replacing the clutch on this car? I've not yet evaluated the job and wondered if anyone else has any tips / experience on it.

Ta much,

G.

Reply to
G-Man

Somewhere like

DuncanWood

My Celica clutch kit not genuine is about £60. if its any use from yorskshire auto parts IIRC in Sheffield. shop around local

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Google is not required to find parts for a Ford Escort. Ring any auto factors and they'll have one for £cheap.

Reply to
Doki