Clutch problem?

Peugeot 405 "P" reg

Driving in town traffic today I lost the clutch. Foot went to the floor on the clutch pedal and the engine stalled. At first I thought that the silly bit of plastic that Peugeot used to fit to the clutch cable had broken but restarted engine and clutch was back on line - no problem since then.

I believe it has an automatic adjuster. Can anyone tell me what could have happened as I do not have a clue. Usually with me if an item goes wrong it stays that way.

Is it a case of safety first and replace cable?

Replies appreciated

TIA

Reply to
sid

mrcheerful

">

Thanks. Will take out second mortgage for replacement.

sid

Reply to
sid