Clutch Problem??

My daughters citreon xsara had clutch replace last year because of stalling dificulties she tells me now that this did not cure the problem. A bit late now to go back to garage with it,Is there any adjustment that can be made that can make things better. She is an experienced driver. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tab

Reply to
Tab

Learn to drive the car. Unless the clutch goes from full disengaged to fully engaged in 0.1mm from the floor then it's a driver issue.

Reply to
Conor

"Tab" wrote in news:daulpb$nmc$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

Lack of smoothness in the pedal action may be caused by a broken strand in the cable (assuming it uses a cable, not hydraulics). My first car had this problem and a new cable improved the ease of using the clutch no end.

If you suspect this, i would suggest disconnecting the cable from the gearbox and pushing the pedal down to feel for any resistance in the cable.

This suggestion is based on the assumption that the new clutch & the release mechanism are in perfect working order, and that the only problem is trying to engage it smoothly.

Reply to
Stu

Comment about learning to drive is nonsense, and OP shouldn't need to excuse anyone's driving.

Assuming the car has a cable clutch, suggest you get the Haynes manual and very carefully adjust the cable.

My wife's micra is very sensitive to clutch adjustment - shows up as difficulty engaging 5th. With cable properly adjusted problem goes away.

Reply to
R. Murphy

Reply to
Tab

Thanks Stuart and R Murphy.I have passed on the info to my daughter,Her husband is better with cars than me.

Tab

Reply to
Tab