Focus Gear linkage

I've got myself a clean little 51 plate Mk1 Focus, on coil overs, with a guffed 2.0 engine for cheap cheap. I can get a hold of an ST170 engine, box and required gubbings for 700 quid so am going to try turn this into a little money maker.

The Focus has the MTX75 transmission so AFAIK it has cable actuated gear linkage. Does the ST170's Getrag 6 speed box share the same linkage idea? I.e am I going to have to replace the selector gubbings?

Not a big deal if so, but it's something I'd like to know before I dive in.

Just need to source an ST170 exhaust system and nearside mount and I'll be sorted.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

You will need the Getrag 6 speed linkage, and lever + selector gate which bolts inplace inside the car instead of what you have now. You will also need the driveshafts, and i'm pretty sure the hubs + brake discs and calipers too, as these are 170 specific.

Oh, and the engine bay wiring loom, and ECU + transponders.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

And fuel pump. THey're all different.

In fact, sorting out the gear linkage is the least of the issues.

Reply to
Conor

Indeed true! The ST has the returnless, integral-regulator-pump on it...

You'll also need 17"'s of some description to clear the 280mm discs too.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Wouldn't there also be some additional strengthening plating on the chassis too? Not to mention the front subframe being different...

Reply to
Conor

Oh, and the donor is a 5dr, mine is a 3.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts