Crank/speed/hall sensor

In a 1998 Felicia 1.3 MPi. Would it be fair to assume that if the speedo is working properly then this sensor is working properly? If not is there any way for the average bod with a multimeter to test it?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

the speedo sensor is completely different to the crank sensor.

either can be tested for continuity and if you spin the engine or the wheel you should get a faint voltage pulse out of it (think under a volt AC), best way is substitution though.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

So I've discovered from Briskoda. Jorily Skoda, who sells bits on Ebay, threw me by describing the crank sensor as a speed/speedo sensor; I've since been told that the speedo is cable driven anyway.

Ta. I don't think there's anything wrong with it really, but I'm looking for idling problem solutions. I have a couple of things to try yet before hair-pulling.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

"Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It really doesn't take that much thought or mechanical nous to realise that there's no way that a crank sensor _can_ measure the road speed.

Reply to
Adrian

Definitely not. Unless you want a revcounter rather than speedo.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Presumably you've cleaned & readapted the throttle body?

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Hmmm... well now that you mention it... :-)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Cleaned, yes. Readapted - tomorrow.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Yes, yes, I wasn't thinking it through, ok? You see "speedo sensor" and a picture of a crank sensor together...

:-)

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot