Crash Check respray detector?

Colour me cynical....

Adam Aglionby

The message from "Adam Aglionby" contains these words:

There's a bit more information here. It appears to be a more modern version of just running a magnet over the car.

Reply to
Guy King

Yebbut, unless you're in the business of buying cars in the dark or pissing rain, a pair of eyes is all you need to detect shitty repairs.

Reply to
Doki

The message from "Doki" contains these words:

Quite - and I forgot to paste in the URL and CBA to go find it now.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I've asked the seller a question or two.

It seems that - despite the claims in the listing - it *can't* tell the difference between replaced panels and original, and only works on steel - not ally or composites.

He's not quite sure how it works, but it does... and there's a full money- back guarantee.

Oh, and he sells the good ol' eBay link-to-pyramid-scam, too.

Can we help him with an explanation? I think we probably can.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Adrian contains these words:

Take two quarts of snake-oil and boil 'em down with a couple of Broquet catalysts and some Slick50. When the resulting mess is thick and gloopy, pour it into a mould, add a couple of LEDs and a battery. Fit switch and flog.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

For £60. Plus over a fiver for postage.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Adrian contains these words:

I'm sorry, I left out the more obvious bits of the plan!

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

After all, if it were cheap, somebody might just think it's a magnet in a bit of plastic.

Reply to
Adrian

Did a google - found this on the sealey web site - looks like a similar device.

google

( snipped-for-privacy@chris-howard.fsnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Looks like the same thang, and - slightly shockingly - it looks like £60 is actually a good price...

Adrian

Oddly enough, even though it's the same thing for roughly the same price, I'd be much more likely to buy from Sealey, just because it has a sensible description of how it works rather than an obviously bollox one.

I particularly liked the bit about "THE LATEST ELECTRO MAGNETIC MICRO PROCESSOR". Cracking stuff!

Cheers,

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Stamp

Hold on there! It's on offer at the moment and you can get it here:

There you go, £16 less!

Gareth

Reply to
Gareth A.

hey=20

I'd half consider that if I was on the backcourt of a cheap dealer=20 again. Something for playing find the filler would be handy on the more=20 careful jobs where they've filled over a wheel arch and the spray job is=20 good enough. A magnetometer with a sensitive enough sensor on the=20 distortion matrix should be good enough over a filler section these=20 days. I'm not so certain about it finding a couple of extra coats of=20 paint though.

Warwick

Reply to
Warwick