Dead Astra vacuum pump

The vacuum pump on my Astra DTI (2001) is knackered. I took it apart and the internals are severely scored and bits of swarf are embedded in the rotor tips.

Where might I be able to get a new pump at a more reasonable price than a vauxhall dealer?

Thanks, James of Sunderland

Reply to
James

The only place you could get one from apart from a Vx dealer is from a scrapyard/vehicle dismantler.

Keep a close check on the oil level in future as a low level is the most likely cause of pump failure.

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Thanks. I tried a few motor factors with no luck, price is £144 from Vauxhall so I'll just have to cough up. No way would I consider a secondhand one becuase that could be worn too.

I've never let the oil level get low, so I suspect it must have been the previous owner. It was company owned so probably never got checked between services.

thanks James of Sunderland

Reply to
James

Hi James

Just in case this is my old company car that your talking about, i can certify that it had oil in it!...

...when it was bought for me.

Did i leave a sandwich among the wrappers, can i have it back??

Reply to
Steve Sweet

I doubt it, unless you worked for ADT.

Already eaten it sorry, but got a quid off the price of car cos the sandwich was mouldy though :-)

James of Sunderland

Reply to
James

Hi James