Deposit = Contract? HPI Checks etc

And a sign that the person being charged that interest rate shouldn`t be going near a credit agreement, as they`ve obviously not been able to handle them correctly in the past!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

Simon Dean ( snipped-for-privacy@simtext.plus.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ah, OK. So you'll be paying the full amount off when you get the bill?

Interest rate on the card's irrelevant, then.

Reply to
Adrian

*snort*

You really are a long way off the mark there.

We choose to buy cheap cars, 'cos there are many things in life more worthy of our cash than a rapidly depreciating hunk of metal.

Reply to
SteveH

It is appalling, but I`m not easily able to pull my the rate on my credit card because the bill is always paid off at the end of the month. I know if anyone wants to charge me almost 20% they get told to f*ck off, I can get a third of that taking a loan out on the highstreet!

Reply to
Simon Finnigan

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I choose to drive a 1990 car because I don't much like more recent ones. It just so happened that I found a darnably nice example of one I quite fancied for £500. That's why I drive a £500 car.

Reply to
Adrian

No, that would be you. Steam cleaning engines is done for two reasons:

1) To wash off any signs of oil leaks. 2) To wash off the muck that'd give it away as an unloved high miler.

Low monthly payments - each totalling what some of us buy a car for outright.

Reply to
Conor

Yes, which is why I don't have a credit card and tonight, bought the wife a Mitsubishi FTO. Paid in cash.

Goes like f*ck as well. I'm well impressed.

Some of us pay cash. If we can't afford to, we don't buy it. It's called "being financially astute".

Reply to
Conor

Personally I do it when I want to fix them.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

"AndrewR" wrote

Yes, although you get extra peace of mind as the credit card company is also liable if the wheels fall off. Once you've established it's a good' un it's the easiest thing in the world to get a 0% transfer to another CC provider .

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

I like the cut of your jib there young fella me lad.

If a fault develops or there was a fault you weren't aware of when buying from the dealer, if the CC company is liable, does that mean I can get them to resolve the issue if the dealer don't co-operate?

Does the entire cost of the car need to be on CC or a specific proportion? What if you paid half on credit card, half with cash? Does that mean they're only liable for two wheels? Or half the cost of a replacement tyre?

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

It would mean they're only liable for the half of the car which works fine. ;)

David Hearn