Diesel (TUD5) Woes - Won't start after head gasket & Cam Belt change.

Folks,

Just spent the last two weekend replacing the head gasket and the cam belt on my '94 106. Finally got to the "Fingers Crossed" stage today, and though it's spinning freely It simply won't fire.

Before I took it apart it started first time every time, now absolute diddly. I've checked everything is hooked back up, and have bled & primed the fuel system 3 times, but still not a thing.

Any suggestions please?

Eric PS Remove FINGER to reply.

Reply to
Eric Richardson

Is there any smoke coming out of the exhaust, if not probably more priming needed.

Steve

Reply to
Gary Millar

It is possible that the cam timing is right but the pump is miles out, the valves still won't touch, but it won't run.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Yup, appreciate that,thanks for checking though. That's the next step if another bleed fails. Someone has suggeted filling the fuel filter by hand, until full to the brim, as this may be the culprit

Reply to
Eric Richardson

Obvious is good, thanks for asking! Now, where might I find that on my engine? (Sorry, not at home answering this, so can;t check my manual!)

Reply to
Eric Richardson