dodgy tickover

I have a fiesta 1.25 zetec engine(40k).my problem is as soon as the car warms up the tickover keeps dipping right down to the point that you think its going to cutout ,up to yet it hasnt "touch wood".I was told by a garage that my IACV (idle air control valve) was at fault,so i replaced it,this made no difference at all,so if anyone has had the same problem and managed to sort it out your advice would be most appreciated thank............

Reply to
mandmok

Well - for a start, its called the ISCV - the Idle SPEED control valve, and if your garage cant get that correct - i suggest you find a new garage to do the work. I've experienced this on a number of fords - and usually, if you're brave enough - you can do it yourself, as its fairly easy. Usually - its caked with gunk, and just needs a good cleaning out - Carb cleaner does it wonderfully in most cases :)

HTH!

Kai

Reply to
Kai Robinson

Its an ISCV.

Anyways, did you clean out the throttle body when you replaced the iscv? This is much more crucial to idle performance than the iscv.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

bolt-on,bolt-off part ,but it looks like im going to have get my hands dirty!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
mandmok