Elbow Grease versus Buffer for car waxing/polishing

Hello,

I was wondering what others thought about applying and buffing car wax using a cloth & some elbow grease versus doing the same with a random orbital buffer.

My concern is based on swirl marks. I am somewhat under the impression that an oribital buffer could create swirl marks on the car's paint, whereas taking my time with a clean buffing cloth would create a nicer finish.

Opinion/suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Michael

Reply to
michaelvogel

Stick with elbow grease. One of the biggest dangers of using a buffer is that if you don't use enough polish there's a danger of the pad running too hot and going through the paintwork, let alone leaving swirls.

If you've had experience of using a buffer before you should be fine, but you'll still get a better finish with hand polishing.

Rick.

Reply to
richard.ingall