Engine running too fast - Rover 114 auto

Hello

Can anyone help with adjusting the idling speed of my Rover 114 automatic? I was given it by my grandmother, and it doesn't have any manuals or anything. Although it's 10 years old, it hasn't done much mileage. It drives well, but the engine runs too fast, and I can't see how to slow it down.

If anyone can explain what I need to do, that would be great!

Many thanks.

Reply to
fla

check throttle cable isn't holding throttle open and throttle air valve, there is no adjustment screw for idle speed it is done electronically

Reply to
powerstation

Thanks for that, I 've checked the cables, does that mean that I have to go to the garage with the electronics involved? Or is there something that I can do?

Reply to
fla

Perhaps if you explained what "too fast" is?, then someone with access to 114 data could confirm or deny that its running too fast.

Reply to
Mike Dodd

the rover automatics do "run faster" then manual gearbox versions, as you have a cvt box in it.

Reply to
reg

Hi, by faster I mean that the car starts moving before touching the accelerator pedal. Is this normal?

Many thanks,

Reply to
fla

It has been on all the automatics I've owned.

-- Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray

snipped-for-privacy@independentliving.co.uk ( snipped-for-privacy@independentliving.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :