fiat autos - opinions

basically, pants or not? e.g.,

Chandy

Reply to
Chandy

I have it on good authority that the only Fiat that may be worth slinging your cash at at all is the Punto.

Reply to
gazzafield

The Stilo is good. Haven't come across a car in its price bracket that has all the features that the Stilo has (especially the Dynamic range).

Reply to
ABC

It might give you a lot of features for the money. It's just a pity that it is the one car that gets absolutely slated by the same person. Barge poles spring to mind. People buy Fiats and French cars because you appear to get a lot for your money. You do. You get a lot that goes wrong.

Reply to
gazzafield

It's okay from the driving perspective. Features not make a car.

Reply to
DervMan

Bollocks.

Reply to
SteveH

Indeed, it is unsurpassed for depreciation by anything else in its class.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I like them. Mrs. has had a Tipo which is now 17 years old and still in daily use with no major problems, I have a Bravo which is also a decent motor. I wouldn't touch an automatic though :)

Hellraiser...........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

First thing that springs to mind about those, is gold fish bowl.

I can remember we had two at work (one hatchback, one estate), and both had more water floating around the floor pan, than what some of the local rivers have. Unsurprisingly, the estate got handed back by the driver after a year, at which point it became a workshop car for several months, and spent most of that time getting various attempts made at making it water tight, but in the end we admitted defeat and just kept giving it a liberal application of air freshener every week or so. Thankfully it got sent to auction. The other one, the driver endured with for 3 years, with the monthly trip to the workshop to get the latest bit to fallen off replaced (favourite was the speedo drive that used to unscrew itself, combined with the numerous water leaks, electrical problems.....). Yet another vehicle that got dumped at the auctions without any hesitation.

In terms of the worst cars we've had, the only things to of surpassed those were Alfas........

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

There is no such car as a Brava estate. Therefore the rest of your comments are unreliable.

Hellraiser...........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

Hmmmm, the Marea is just the 4 door and estate version of the Brava. In the same way that a Bravo is the 3 door version of the same car......

Having said that, he's spouting bollocks - they're not known for leaking, apart from the odd one that's got a dislodged air con overflow pipe.

Mine, without aircon, doesn't leak at all.

Reply to
SteveH

I know that, but it was never marketed as a Brava estate, only as a Marea Weekend!

My Tipo leaks, but that is down to leaves building up causing water to run in thru the blower motor, easily sorted :)

Hellraiser............>

Reply to
Hellraiser

It was indeed a Marea Weekend.

If that's what you think fair enough. But, the rear quarter light windows leaked (you could actually see the water running down them if you ran a hose over them), the front door seals leaked (you could see the water marks on the kick panel), and we're not sure if the rear door seals leaked, or if it was just water running through from the front. And that was only the obvious leaks. I'm sure there was probably more.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

Cheers for the feedback. I'll maybe slightly re-state the question though. "Fiat auto's, more or less pants than the manuals?" Think that's the first fiat auto I've come across!

Chandy

Reply to
Chandy

It's a FIAT. Nuff said methinks.

Reply to
gazzafield

Had 2 fiats.. both went like a rocket, one was 14 years old, no faults, no leaks, auto tranny never faulted.

Sure the suspension was a rubber band but for a cheap car they weren't half bad.

Reply to
Zzzzzz......

FIAT. Fix It Again Tomorrow.

Reply to
PC Paul

Yes, not even the Punto is really worth slinging your cash at. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Nothing major has gone wrong with any of mine, and nothing at all with the present one.

Reply to
DanTXD

You have the audacity to slate my choice of vehicle for being base model when your pikey spec one doesn't have air conditioning?

Reply to
DervMan