too cheap?

Seems too cheap to me?

Chandy

Reply to
chandy

They're only Tupperware cars anyway. Uneconomical and slow. Get a real car.;-)

Reply to
Malc

( snipped-for-privacy@totalise.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Parkers says £4.8k for private/poor, £6.6k for indie dealer, so it does look cheap on the face of it - but...

Glasgow phone number - are naff soft-roaders "cool" up there? Barely any miles for the age - What isn't being said about the history? Square front plate - Jap-spec import?

Reply to
Adrian

it is three door, auto has no centre diff lock, colour is off-putting to many, might be a grey import. if you like it take a look.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from snipped-for-privacy@totalise.co.uk contains these words:

Poorly disguised attempt to get people to read your ad?

Reply to
Guy King

Or maybe sold a month ago and left in as a leader to sell some others they might have?

just a thought

Ad

Reply to
Mad Ad

mrcheerful. ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's a RAV4, ffs.

Reply to
Adrian

Precisely the opposite of what I've heard/read!

30mpg and a hell of a lot quicker than a 1.3 escort :P
Reply to
chandy

Cool? Prolly not but that'd be in my favour as nobody would want it and I wouldn't care if it was or not. Definitely wondering about that mileage - has that engine ever been warm? Lik what I've heard about the toyota auto box though. If it's the import what should I watch for/what's the difference?

Reply to
chandy

mrcheerful

don't care, looks better than the 5.

don't care if not really going off road?

slight snag but livable

again, if a grey import what's it matter/what to look for etc?

tanks!

Reply to
chandy

Lack of rust proofing and different specs usually, also Jap import cars tend to have been raced around car parks if they're tuned up or spent their life stuck in traffic jams or driven for lots of short drives... you probably allready know what that does to cars.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan

Come now, I've had far too much good advice from this group to play silly buggers like that.

Reply to
chandy

It may not have had underbody protection applied until it arrived in the UK (would have had to have it applied for the SVA), parts *may* not be the same as UK spec models (especially check with a windscreen company before buying) but most are *usually* the same.

and of course the insurance will no doubt want to sting you a bit harder for an import- get a quote from your insurer first (unless your happy to cough up the difference whatever it is), saying that, some are better than others, shop around if you have to.

Clocks may have kph as the bigger scale, with mph in small font (unless it was changed for a uk spec one), urm, cant think of anything else atm

Ad

Reply to
Mad Ad

And is it true that they don't bother to service them ?

Reply to
Angus McCoatup©

Ha! I spit on your 30mpg and call your hell of a lot quicker a silly thing. Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

Reply to
Malc

RIGHT Oh Malc the Enchanter, find me something of a similar size at a similar price of a similar age with a similar milage in a similar location with a better MPG figure and that's faster and I'll buy it! :P

'He's going to tell us, he's going to tell us...'

Reply to
chandy

yes, because they don't buy for a long ownership in the first place, they don't need to worry, anything will last for three years if it has oil in.

Reply to
mrcheerful

( snipped-for-privacy@totalise.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It really shouldn't be difficult to find something *FAR* better (spec/quality/value/performance/all-of-the-above/delete-as-applicable) than a naff Jap-spec RAV.

Reply to
Adrian

(spec/quality/value/performance/all-of-the-above/delete-as-applicable) than

Well I'm open to suggestions as to options and where to look!

Reply to
chandy

( snipped-for-privacy@totalise.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Almost anything, from almost anywhere.