Fiat Ducatto Van odometer

We've just sent our "02" registration Ducatto in for service, and as part of the service they have replaced the instrument cluster due to a faulty fuel light.

This means that the vehicle mileage has been reset to 0 miles.

I rang the service department to ask why this was, and was told that it is impossible to wind on the milage to match what it was before the instrument cluster was changed.

I have the feeling I'm being fobbed off, but before I take it any further, does anyone know if this is true ?

TIA,

Paul.

Reply to
Paul W

Paul W spluttered almost incoherently...:

If its an analogue meter, then no, they don't wind on the miles. I once had

180K wiped off one of mine once...
Reply to
billy_bunter

It's digital.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul W

I cannot speak for the your van in this case, but any Vauxhall with a digital odometer could have the mileage programmed into a replacement unit so that it matched the old display. This could only be done once, so it was imperative to get it right first time.

Anthony

Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt