Fiesta (Endura engine) with seized (but working) spark plugs

Heliciol kits do not always solve the problem , they have been known to fail when plugs are changed and the bits fall into the engine .

Reply to
steve robinson

I'm not going to enter into a pissing contest about who has the most experience. Suffice it to say that I have removed broken plugs myself where no damage was sustained, and in the 80's had a w/s next door to an engine reconditioners. They told me the same, so I still say the chance of damage is low. I was once shown an engine with a partly shattered piston. Few of the broken pieces were found. Most of them must have gone out through the exhaust valve.

Shows how little experience you really have. If a plug has seriously corroded and siezed in an ally head, the chances of removing without damage to the thread is so low as to be virtually non existant. Once a steel screw has 'picked up' in an ally thread, the ally thread is ruined as the screw is removed. The same with steel in fact, but steel doesn't tend to be as sticky as ally. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

No, because you can't as you have no experience.

PS, anyone who claims that they have seen a broken up piston and then claims that most of it must have exited out of the exhaust is either a liar or a fool, certainly someone who know f*ck all about how engines work, never mind not knowing what the cylinder head we are talking about is made out of - in sort you know that I know that you are nothing more that a lair and a pizzle...... :~(

Reply to
Jerry

Must be J.L.E. back under a different name. I recognise the style. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

In message , Mike G writes

Jeez, there's a blast from the past. You could be right though.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

He's been back before with the same moniker.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Jubilee Line Extension. Wasn't he the old duffer who enjoyed caravanning and getting his pizzle out in public?

Reply to
Redwood