First MOT

Does the extra 4 extra week period come in on a cars first MOT or must I wait until the registration date occurs?

TIA

Reply to
Fred VIII

Strangely enough it doesn't, if you want it on the exact new anniversary then you take it on that day, a first MoT is a year only. Although personally I would get it done a few weeks early, just in case of any problems, the saving you will make by leaving it to the last minute is a pound a week at most.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks, it's on a guaranteed MOT. It's due it's service now but the MOT isn't due until April so I wanted to try and get it done all in one go. I'll put the service off.

Reply to
Fred VIII

I delayed a service to get it syncronised with the MOT, I believe it pays off to put the vehicle in for "service & MOT".

Reply to
Gordon H

That's not what it says here

news

People's experiences seem to vary - I put my Focus in for its first MOT three weeks early and was informed that they could only date it for 12 months from that day.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

They do vary; my car was registered 13/6/08, first MOT at main dealer issued on the 6/6/11 was dated to expire 13/6/12 next MOT at 16/5/12 then 22/5/13 and expiry is still listed as 13/6/14.

Reply to
Doctor D

Did you take the V5C with you?

Reply to
Adrian

I got a definitive answer to this today:

You can have an up to thirteen month mot on a three year old, first mot car, BUT only if you can provide the V5 at the time.

Reply to
Mrcheerful