Ford Fiesta - design fault??

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone can help.

I have a 3 year old Ford Fiesta which has a problem with the seat.

Underneath the drivers seat, there is that bar which when you pull up moves the seat back or foward then locks it into position.

This has broken in two meaning the the seat cannot be moved. My girlfriend last used the car and moved the seat to a comfotable driving position, however I am unable to drive the car as the seat is locked to close to the wheel. So there is a health and safety issue there I guess.

Anyone else had this problem? I am wondering if this is a design fault.

Ford refused to pay initially but after a lot of argument from me on the grounds this should not happen to a car three years old and low mileage, they have offered to pay half (Clearly with main dealer margins they would still profit on a 50 - 50). I would have expected this to be done free of charge??

Thanks in advance for advice.

Reply to
Eon

Sounds unlucky. It isn't a very complicated piece of machinery.

Is it still under warranty? If so then it should be paid for however it will depend on the dealer. Have you talked to Ford customer services?

Reply to
DervMan

Hi,

Warranty has passed and I am dealing with Ford on a complaint about it.

DervMan wrote:

Reply to
Eon

My daughter has had several fiestas, the first being a MK1, and all the time, I've driven them and adjusted the seat for me, she's got back in and adjusted the seat for her. There's never been a problem. Nor have I heard of this happening on a fiesta until today.

I think the design fault claim may be a bit iffy.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

What's the damage? New seat, new mechanism or what?

Reply to
Doki

the bar (1cm thick metal) is broken in two?

Reply to
fordi2003

The bar has broken in two, and it needs a new bar replacement but ford want =A3249 to replace.

I thought I would post here to see if this was a common problem.

Thanks for all the replies.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Eon

I thought I would post here to see if this was a common problem.

Thanks for all the replies.

Snot it up with a MIG ? 5 mins...

Reply to
Tony Bond

The message from Eon contains these words:

Can't you just weld it up with a bit of something to strengthen it?

Reply to
Guy King

Replace the bar yourself for not a lot? Removing seats is never complicated...

Reply to
Doki

What - say - like a Ka ;-)

Cheers Dan.