Ford Fusion

Hi all Fusion 14tdi has leaking injector/s. I had this last year and it turned out to be the injector seal on one cylinder. Looking round the net it seems to be a regular problem on this engine anyone have any tips to cure it or is it going cost me on a regular basis? Thanks Trev

Reply to
Trev

In article , Trev writes

Don't buy a Ford?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Fraid this is par for the course with both the 1.4 and 1.6 PSA engines in both Fords, Cits and Pugs.

If you dont want to feel alone, ask a merc C class or Sprinter owner about the same issue on their's - its worse! The injectors tend to seize in the head and break up when using the slide hammer to get them out.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

In message , Trev writes

It's just one of those things with this engine, at least the car will still run while you save up... I had mine changed in March, dealer (Kilmarnock) took £315 in total, changing injector feed and return pipes at the same time.

Reply to
Kenny

Ask a Vectra B owner the same question. Injector seals fail in the 2.0 and 2.2dti (ex-fiat) engine. Causes starting problem if the car is parked with the engine uphill (!) and costs £500 to fix.

Reply to
Kellerman

that is usually caused by an air leak at the fuel filter.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Reply to
Pete M

Reply to
Pete M

Alas, not in my case. That was checked and found to be OK. The leak-off pipes can also cause that, but they were changed because of a fuel leak. The original rubber pipe perished (common fault apparently) and was replaced with a much better quality pipe as now supplied by Vauxhall. Was better after this, you could leave it for a day or two nose up but go away for a week or more parked up-hill and forget about starting it in a hurry. The cure was simple - park it nose down or on the level. Trouble is with those engines is that if the leak-off pipes (very cheap) or injector seals (£500) doesn't fix it then the dealers start talking about the injector pump (£1200). Car was worth £1700 trade-in so off it went when a suitable replacement came along. Dave

Reply to
Kellerman

I had forgotten about the leak off pipes, but they cured the uphill start problem on my nephews vectra, unfortunately it's pump went at 130,000 miles, it seems likely that it is mainly the electronics that die in the pump, but a recon pump from dieselbobs was about 500 quid (as opposed to the vauxhall

1200) and I fitted it, but I had to buy the special timing kit, which I resold on ebay as I could not ever envisage changing another one! It is still going several years on and is likely to be run into the ground as it has no value, he put the reg into 'webuyanycar' and they offered 70 quid !!
Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yes, £1200 was the vauxhall price. This was 4 years ago and there didn't seem to be any refurbs on the market at that time. I had that car (2.2di estate, CDX with all the toys) for 7 years and lost out on depreciation. Bought at 6 months old for £11K, eventually p/x for £1700 - all due to horror stories over pump, turbo and injector seal failures on that 2.2 engine. The car it's self was reliable only needing normal servicing along with a few odds and ends. In 85,000 miles I had: HID ballast failure (possible caused by hitting a Pheasant) MAF sensor failed Front springs broke The "O" ring on the turbo intake failed several times (used to carry a spare) Leak off pipes Glowplugs Possible injector seals - not proven 'cos I sold the car There was a hint from the garage that the oil seals on the turbo needed investigation. Not done as the car was p/x'ed Dave

Reply to
Kellerman