Forte engine flush

Hi

Has anyone on here used Forte engine flush treatments? Have been reading on some forums that it is the bee's knees for engine flush treatments. Others have said it can damage the engine if not used correctly and the sump needs to be removed before re-filling with clean engine oil?

Reply to
Slider

Far better just to shove a litre of automatic transmission fluid in, run for 20 minutes then drain and refill.

Personally though, on a high mile motor with a bit of sludging, the last thing I'd do is run engine flush through it. It's likely to cause more problems than it cures.

Reply to
Conor

With a LOT of hard sludge then do an oil change and then 500miles later do another one

The engine flushes are fine for keeping the "insides clean"

Reply to
Toommy

yes we use it all the time in our workshop, in fact we use all of the Forte products. Its just pour and run and drain.never had a problem with it.

reg

Is your experience only on cars under 8 years old, that have been treated from new?

OR

Have you put it a car you have never seen before that's 15 years old and has 150K on the clock? Did the car make to it's next service or did you never see it again?

Reply to
Peter Hill

all ages

Did the car make to it's next service or

yes,yes & yes

Reply to
reg