Freebie!

Anybody want a 1990 Rover 416GTi for free? Of course, this is probably only fit for scrapping, though if somebody is willing to collect it this weekend they can have it!

Good points are:

  • Honda 1.6i 16V twin-cam engine (not the single cam version used in most
216/416)
  • Rear electric windows.
  • Leather trimmed door panels with e/window switches.
  • Probably a few reasonable tyres

Bad points are:

  • No driveshafts (unless you want my old ones)
  • Knackered battery, though if jump started will keep running.
  • Seats, dashboard, centre console, etc. need fitting (it had leather seats which I've swapped with the standard cloth ones from mine)
  • Front windows need fitting (supplied, complete with motors, but not fitted).

Really, unless you want the rear electric windows and associated wiring/controls, the best part of the car is the uncommon twin-cam GTi engine which seems to run fine.

I live North Nottinghamshire if you're interested - will probably need to be taken away on a trailer or at least a towing dolly.

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis