Garage service/mot and immobilizer

I've got a saxo with immobilizer. I know how to change the code, but is there any way to dissable the immobilizer temporarily so I can leave the car at the local garage (not a main citreon dealer) so they can do some stuff and mot? The alternative is to tell them the code and change it later, but I just wondered if it was possible.

Reply to
Bungalow bill

Bungalow bill wrote: || I've got a saxo with immobilizer. I know how to change the code, but || is there any way to dissable the immobilizer temporarily so I can || leave the car at the local garage (not a main citreon dealer) so || they can do some stuff and mot? || The alternative is to tell them the code and change it later, but I || just wondered if it was possible.

I can't say whether this will work for your specific immobiliser but you could try this, which works on the Xantia.

Change the code to '0000' This puts it into disabled mode, meaning it never needs a code to start the engine. To exit disabled mode, do NOT change it back, simply enter your original code to revert back to normal.

Alternatively, change it to something simple like 1234 before handing it over.

HTH.

Reply to
Rob

Bungalow bill ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yep.

Type your code in. Press "S". (Service code) Type a new code in. Press "S".

The service code will work until you put your code in again next time.

Reply to
Adrian

How does anyone who owns a Citroen manage to spell it incorrectly? - I've noticed that loads of people do this.

Surely they can just work out what the code is by trying a few combinations of the bottons with worn numbers on them.....

(Almost every older PSA group car with that kind of immobiliser has tell-tale wearing on the 'normal' code numbers, IYSWIM)

Reply to
SteveH

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

My XM doesn't... but my mother's Xant had the black completely worn off "certain numbers".

Reply to
Adrian

That's probably because the XM spends more time immobilised through other issues than it does through the immobiliser ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

SteveH ( snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That's not *quite* true. It's been a lot cheaper to run than it's predecessor.

OK, so that was a CX...

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian wrote in news:Xns97E7EA51BDD27adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170:

Do you get an infinite amount of tries at the correct number? Or do you have to sacrifice a sphere after every three tries? I only ask, as I've always fancied an XM, and this could be a route to a cheap one ;-)

Reply to
Tunku

Tunku ( snipped-for-privacy@dsl.pipex.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Reply to