Gas strut fitting for pickup

One of the struts for this canopy has failed so trying to get a replacement.

The ball fitting in to the strut is a nominal 8mm diameter, but when I look on places like eBay they provide fitments like "aa" and "a3a3".

I have searched in vain what these letters signify and drawn a blank.

Does anyone have a definitive reference to these letters and numbers?

Reply to
Fredxx

No, but I buy gas struts from sgs engineering, they will make them to order, sometimes you send them your old one to swap over end fittings. Very good company, quick turnround too.

MrCheerful

Useful link, I have a van ramp that is going to need a new strut when the weather gets cold.

Reply to
newshound

They are very good, and fine price wise, and they can tailor a gas strut to exactly what you need.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Many thanks. Possibly twice the cost of an eBay supplier but I have confidence they are going to supply the right part where the part numbers and description match the existing struts.

2 ordered from them.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Fredxx

they also have a two year guarantee, bet the ebay ones don't :)

Reply to
MrCheerful

To be fair the PayPal guarantee of 6 months does catch most failures.

Perhaps not in this instance, but I am very wary of guarantees and their small print, such it is sometimes better to resort to refunds and repairs under the Sales of Good Act.

Reply to
Fredxx