Gas strut fitting for pickup

One of the struts for this canopy has failed so trying to get a replacement.
The ball fitting in to the strut is a nominal 8mm diameter, but when I
look on places like eBay they provide fitments like "aa" and "a3a3".
I have searched in vain what these letters signify and drawn a blank.
Does anyone have a definitive reference to these letters and numbers?
On 03/08/2018 18:37, Fredxx wrote:

No, but I buy gas struts from sgs engineering, they will make them to order, sometimes you send them your old one to swap over end fittings. Very good company, quick turnround too.
https://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-struts?msclkid 35a67907c6143595e6fd1d9ac6347b
On 03/08/2018 19:21, MrCheerful wrote:

Useful link, I have a van ramp that is going to need a new strut when the weather gets cold.
On 03/08/2018 21:39, newshound wrote:

They are very good, and fine price wise, and they can tailor a gas strut to exactly what you need.
On 03/08/2018 19:21, MrCheerful wrote:

Many thanks. Possibly twice the cost of an eBay supplier but I have confidence they are going to supply the right part where the part numbers and description match the existing struts.
2 ordered from them.
Thanks again.
On 04/08/2018 13:28, Fredxx wrote:

they also have a two year guarantee, bet the ebay ones don't :)
On 04/08/2018 13:34, MrCheerful wrote:

To be fair the PayPal guarantee of 6 months does catch most failures.
Perhaps not in this instance, but I am very wary of guarantees and their small print, such it is sometimes better to resort to refunds and repairs under the Sales of Good Act.