Clio Gas struts

Hi Can anyone tell me if I need special tools to remove and re-fit the gas struts on the boot door of a Renault Clio 1600 V reg.

TIA

John C

Reply to
John A Calder

Belt sanding a cheap spanner to make it thinner is often helpfull.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

In message , Duncan Wood writes

From this I take it that they just prise off at either end. Thanks for the info.

Reply to
John A Calder

Normally you chabge the stud as well. They don't always prise off easily

Reply to
Duncan Wood

If they're like the ones I've replaced in the past (on an 85 Espace and a 94 Clio) you just need to lever the clips off at top and bottom with a screwdriver or similar and the ball-joints will then come apart.

Other than that you just need someone to take the weight of the tailgate while you remove and replace the struts.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Brumby