Getting silicone sealant off of glass?

I've got a touch of silicone sealant on the inside of the passenger side window. Any ideas on how to get it off, I've got most of it off with a knife but don't fancy scratching the glass?

Reply to
Doki

Polycell and HG Hagsan do a silicone remover

available from your local indipendent DIY retailer, or from me if you get stuck!

expect to pay about £4.50

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

Spending money? That'll be the last resort option then :P.

Reply to
Doki

Use a paint scraper - it's a knife with a sideways on Stanley knife blade. You won't scratch glass with steel.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

well if you hang on till tommorow i might just be able to find out whats in it

Reply to
Tom Burton

Dampen the silicone with petrol and leave it for a bit. It will go crumbly and can be easily removed.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Agreed. Best method, but.....

you can! I have! But not when using the Stanley scraper.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

More likely it was dirt rather than the blade.

Reply to
Dave Plowman