Golf GTi indicator stalk

Wotcha,

My father-in-law has managed to bust off the indicator stalk on his J- reg Golf GTi and asked me if I can fix it. I don't have the Haynes for it so I'm wondering if anyone could give me any pointers. From first inspection I guess that for starters it's remove the steering wheel and the shrouds around the steering column...

Cheers, Nick snipped-for-privacy@DELETETHISBITiee.org

Reply to
Nick Dobb

If it's your Father in Law, I would practice on one in a scrappie if you can. Then do a perfect job on his. Graet Kudos to be had LOL.

Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart Gray

Yeah, the 'Go f*ck it up on a Golf down at the scrapyard while salvaging the replacement stalk' thought had occurred to me...!

Reply to
Nick Dobb

Best way to learn how to do the job. ;-)

Go to the nearest scrapyard where they let you take your own bits off and then you can scratch/break/smash it when you miss that last screw/nut etc.

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.