Golf Vento Mk3 Electric Windows

Both front electric windows have broked and left rear.

Any idea why so many have failed. Fault is obviosly not in each window mechanism.

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Jones

Why? If the mechanism is stiff it will put more strain on the motor. Another thing that can have the same effect is winding down iced-up windows (much the same as when I bent my wiper blade into an s-shape after failing to completely free it from a frozen screen...left the tip iced on).

But IME it's not always the motors that fail, but the limitswitches.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Reply to
Geoff Jones