Grey internet

There are a couple of replies further down the thread which may help you. The Freenet access program website seems to be a load of rubbish, with outdated statistics and so on, as is the Grauniad link.

Reply to
John Williamson

Dark Net. I'm not sure whether that is the name I'm looking for tho'.

It might help if you knew what you were looking for, and could exlain clearly what you want to do about it or with it. Freenet, as mentioned in the article, is just another internet based file sharing service like Piratebay, but with added obfuscation.

Reply to
John Williamson

I don't want to do anything with it. It's just that I came across it in a n= ovel (and I assumed it was just fiction, like the rest of the plot) but the= n came across it again somewhere, which set me thinking. No hidden agenda, = just wanted to find out, that's all!

Reply to
cryptogram

In message , Mrcheerful writes

:-) I'm not, I'm trying to find the bloody lever which enables me to remove the glove compartment on the Mondeo, to replace the cigar lighter fuse. I gave up this afternoon...

Reply to
Gordon H

from talkford: open glovebox

reach up & behind the glovebox at the left hand side & disconnect the damper unit ( basically lift the tab that pointing towards the middle of the car & push it to the left - carefully though as it does not take much to break it )

now push both side of the glovebox inwards so that the bump stops either side are able to come through the opening in the dash, let the glovebox drop as far as it wants to - dot push it downwards though as you may break the hinges

now its ready to be pulled out of the hinges by just pulling it towards the passenger seat.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks! That's more helpful than the owners handbook instructions. What's maddening is that I have done it once before, so I must be getting stupider...

Anyway, the car was in for its MOT this morning, (passed) and I whispered that it would be nice if the tester would change the fuse for me. They did so without charge. (Evans Halshaw)

I will explore it again though, because the hands-free phone connector is notorious for blowing fuses when being withdrawn, and I need the socket for the tyre inflator

Incidentally, the tyre wear report shows more wear on the inner and outer edges than the centre, even though I keep them inflated at 32 PSI, rather more than the book figure...

Reply to
Gordon H

I have taken one of those gloveboxes out, but cannot remember the details.:)

Pressures depends on the model and exact tyre, but 32 is the lower end of the list, try 35.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Well, you're probably not stoopid enough to blow the fuse. ;-) I had a poke around and found a bit of plastic on a floppy stalk, and when I shifted it left it did let the glovebox lid drop further.

From memory the handbook says 31 front, 28 rear, or 33/33 with a full load, but I'm inclined to try 35 as you suggest.

Reply to
Gordon H

Down the corridor, second grey door on the right, ask for Big Al.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon