Big Bertha Thing balloon

Big Bertha Thing balloon Cosmic Ray Series Possible Real World System Constructs

Web Page Astrophysics net ring access site Newsgroup Reviews including sci.optics

The "Monstre" Balloon

From the book The Ingoldsby Legends by the Rev. Richard H. Barham Published by Richard Edward King,

88 Curtain Road, London E.C. Inscribed;- Barbara Death From Aunt Emma March 6th 1921 (C) Copyright Tony Lance 1999 Distribute complete and free of charge to comply.

Big Bertha Thing welfare

29th April 1999 Operations Manager, The Benefits Agency,

Dear Sirs,

Further to your letter of 28th April 1999, regarding a list of questions, on the possibility of my working at all.

I will attempt to answer your questions, in order as listed in your letter.

1.I am not working, I am just pottering arround on the internet. I last registered for course work with the Open University in 1997. This would have involved 6 hours work per week. I could only manage half-an-hour per day, so totally failed to do the work or complete the course. Not even one homework assignment was completed. In August 1997, I bought a second hand computer for 150 pounds sterling, and was given free access to the Open University computer along local telephone lines at a call charge of 1p per minute. Since that time, I managed to build up a body of correspondence, within the limits of half-an-hour per day mental or physical work. In January 1999, this correspondence was transfered by me to my web site;
disabled.) I have to pay 14 pounds and 9p per month for this site.

2.Nobody suggested it, it just happened.

3.My doctor does not know that I have a web site. 4.See answer 1 for description of my activities. No job is being done, so no job description exists.

5.No employer exists or payments have been recieved.

6.I can think straight for half-an-hour per day. The rest of the time is spent pottering arround. I can do one side of A4 paper of mathematics or computer work per day.

7.On any day free of a major shopping expedition, I can do half-an-hour of original work and about an hour of copy typing at non-typist speeds.

8.My principle interest is a 50 year scientific project, which was started 30 years ago. If I could spend 48 hours per week doing it I would. However half-an-hour work and an hour pottering, seems to be all I can manage and at that not every day of the week. Due to my condition, I asked Mrs. Pam S...., a fellow Open University student to be the project archivist for my work on the Open University computer. She agreed and kept the archive of the correspondence which is now on my web site. This is both an unusual request and an unusually generous service to a fellow student on incapacity benefit.

9.Zero income for as far as the eye can see.

10.Not applicable, zero wages or income. 11.August 1997 and is ongoing.

I trust that the above will put the internet feeding frenzy of the newspaper hype into some perspective.

Thank you, Tony Lance snipped-for-privacy@bigberthathing.co.uk

07 May 1998 19:29:10 Message From: Tony Lance Subject: Educating Rita To: FC Mods FC Queries Educating Rita

This film portrays a dominant spouse and a long-suffering student, to the extent upto and including divorce, book-burning and forced pregnancy.

There was zero privacy. Any attempt to re-register or change the password would not work, because the secret could not be kept.

Every posting by the spouse is a violation of OU rules and the students education, causing real pain. Vetting by one moderator or by several using a non-public Rita conf. would not work, because the spouse would use the students name, with all the further alienation that would cause.

A new policy needs to be adopted. The last resort punishment measure, needs to be the first resort measure on compassionate grounds; that of making the student read-only on FC. The student would thank you for it, but not publically.

It would need to be agreed between ACS and OUSA, which is what they are there for.

Be kind, Tony Lance

Reply to
Tony Lance