Halfords

A year ago I bought a pair of high intensity 120% headlamp bulbs from Halfords £25. I know..., but I needed the bulbs real quick for MOT.

This year I needed a replacement, went to Halfords. Guess what, they advertised the bulbs with a cheeky BOGOF promotion: ?Buy one-get one free for £25?. Can they really legally do that? It implies that the bulbs have been previously on sale for £50 a pair, which I find unbelievable. In Particular since I bought the pair last time for £25.

Reply to
johannes

Back in the day I ran 130/90 watt H4s, I got them from a rally supply place.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

wouldn't you need to uprate the wiring

Reply to
steve robinson

I did, I added two relays and some thick (16mm2 or thereby) cable that was lying around. Took the relay power straight off the battery terminals, all junctions soldered and the same big cable for the earths. They were in Cibie Z-beam 7 inch lamps. At the time they were incredible compared to standard types.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

En el artículo , Mrcheerful escribió:

Glass lenses and metal reflectors, I guess.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Yep, overheating the plastic was not a problem back then. Even the headlamp outer shells and mountings were all metal.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

En el artículo , Mrcheerful escribió:

Thanks. :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

That doesn't imply they were ever on sale for £50 a pair. BOGOF means just that - you get two for the price of one. Not one at half price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)