Headlight bulb replacement

2004 Accord. The headlights are just not bright enough on the car and I'd like to replace them with something brighter. I've looked at the HID bulbs,
is that the only option? What has anyone tried and how do they work? Thanks in advance. H-S-F

"HID" bulbs in lens/reflectors not designed for them are a bad idea.

GE Nighthawks came to me highly-recommended. They work well, and they're a straight plug-in.
If you want more information, this guy is the guru of automotive lighting. <http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html
He also has some sort of role with the automakers and OEMs in developing vehicle-lighting.
--
Tegger

Maybe not, but the guys at the parts desk will recognize you after a couple of visits for the lenses.
"Hey George, here comes Help-Slip. Go get him another set of lenses."

I like them. I used them in my Civic and my wife's Accord. I need to get a set for my Fit.

I seem to remember Crutchfield's selling "not for highway use" bulbs for a number of years.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

An object's desireability to a dog is directly

Offroad and specialty shops have sold those bulbs since forever, at least in Canada.
I had a set of 100W high-beams on my '82 Corolla. They were used in my Bosch halogens. I had to wire in a relay so that the headlight switch wouldn't have to carry the full current. They were quite effective on country roads.
--
Tegger