Headlight bulb replacement

2004 Accord. The headlights are just not bright enough on the car and I'd like to replace them with something brighter. I've looked at the HID bulbs, is that the only option? What has anyone tried and how do they work? Thanks in advance. H-S-F
Reply to
Help-Slip-Franklin

"Help-Slip-Franklin" wrote in news:ifffkv$vii$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

"HID" bulbs in lens/reflectors not designed for them are a bad idea.

GE Nighthawks came to me highly-recommended. They work well, and they're a straight plug-in.

If you want more information, this guy is the guru of automotive lighting.

He also has some sort of role with the automakers and OEMs in developing vehicle-lighting.

Reply to
Tegger

Thus spake Tegger :

Maybe not, but the guys at the parts desk will recognize you after a couple of visits for the lenses.

"Hey George, here comes Help-Slip. Go get him another set of lenses."

I like them. I used them in my Civic and my wife's Accord. I need to get a set for my Fit.

I seem to remember Crutchfield's selling "not for highway use" bulbs for a number of years.

Reply to
Dillon Pyron

Dillon Pyron wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Offroad and specialty shops have sold those bulbs since forever, at least in Canada.

I had a set of 100W high-beams on my '82 Corolla. They were used in my Bosch halogens. I had to wire in a relay so that the headlight switch wouldn't have to carry the full current. They were quite effective on country roads.

Reply to
Tegger