Help Please (URGENT!) Ka main (dipped) lights not working

Generally yes.

Certainly is. The standard Ka lamps have different dipped and main beam bulbs.

Reply to
DervMan

Usually what happens is that operating the flash switch illuminates the main beam filaments independently of the dipped beam, which remains on if the headlights are on. I have never seen the situation in which the flash energises both filaments if the headlights are off, and indeed that would be unnecessary.

Operation of the flash is only intended to be momentary, however that situation occurs in the stop/tail lamp every time you apply the brakes at night

-- S.C.

Reply to
Stephen Chalmers

I've just deprived Mr Ford of 80+ quid by dismantling one of those and fixing that very fault.

if you can't get the bulbs out try holding the

On my Ford the flash acts only on the main beam; It can be operated only when the headlights are dipped. This is quite common and is easily verified for any car by comparing the patterns against a wall.

Reply to
Stephen Chalmers

Yep, and those lamps are designed to have both filaments operating together.

One the other hand, no dual-filament headlamp bulb (H4 et al) is designed to operate in this way.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan