Cinquecento brake lights not working when main lights on!

Hi all,

Have a problem with my sister's cinq sporting. 1998 'R' reg.

When the dipped beams are on, the brake lights do not work at all, and the left hand brake light seems to be permantley on! Everything is fine in the daytime when the lights are off but at this time of year it is rather dangerous when driving around at night!

Any ideas - i expect it's a bad earth somewhere but any ideas where the dodgy connection could be?

Thanks

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

Hmmm, trying to think where the earthing points are. Try cleaning up the pins and strike plate on the tailgate.

Reply to
SteveH

has somone recently put a new bulb in the back?

Reply to
George Spigot

Problem solved - turned out to be a dodgy connection in one of the rear light clusters! Thanks all for your input

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

But... but Steve... I thought Italian cars were infallible? (c;

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh.

All cars suffer from dodgy earths at some point in their life.

Reply to
SteveH