how much to swap and engine?

Garage is quoting me £200 cash to take out and put new escort 16v zetec in fair price?

Reply to
Wagamama

Cheap if anything.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Is that just the labour, just the engine or both? I would expect labour to be around =A3200-=A3300, and an engine to be around =A3200-400 for something decent. Of course for an engine with a good few miles on it you could probably get it cheaper.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk

labour to be around £200-£300, and an engine to be around £200-400 for something decent. Of course for an engine with a good few miles on it you could probably get it cheaper.>>

The garage quoted me £350 for an engine, plus £200 for removal/fitting.

I did a search on

and Universal Spares UK in Liverpool e mailed me with details of an engine for £175 plus VAT inc delivery, taken from a 41,000 mile motor, with 6 months guarentee!!!

Wife says theres gonna be a couple of scally wandering the streets of liverpool because of me tonight!,lol

So total will be just over £400 for a replacement with 6 months warrenty, i didnt think that was bad at all thoughts ?

Reply to
Wagamama

Wish i could get one for mine for the same price!

Reply to
Tom Burton

When they had a look, did they strip the engine?

Reply to
SimonJ

they took the cylinder head off , they didnt strip it any further than that

Reply to
Wagamama

Hi tom

ide definatly fill out the online form at

i got a reply within 24 hours plus a phone call from them aswell!!

Reply to
Wagamama

And breakerlink.com as well. I actually got one call back within five minutes!

Reply to
Chris Bolus