How to change cambelt on Pugeot Expert van 1.9 diesel 53 reg

How to change cambelt on Pugeot Expert van 1.9 diesel 53 reg.

I just cannot find any info on how do this. Any ideas or links. Or other vechiles with the same engine.

Reply to
gray

I'm afraid I can't answer your question, but I seem to recall that a number of different engine types may have been used. It might help others if you post your engine code.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

I know it might sound stupid but where can I find the engine code. Theres no id plates under the bonnet.

Reply to
gray

that should have a DW8 engine, you need a few special tools and if you know what you are doing then it takes 3 and a half hours. I would recommend getting it done by a professional outfit, unless you feel really confident.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

By asking around I think DW8 is correct, however in getting an Expert Van CD Manual.

It gives the impression that there are some locking pins, that are of a funny shape. Not seen them for sale anywhere yet.

It seems that they talk to great lengths about the crankshaft pulley. But it does not seem to be pinned anywhere.

Any ideas of the best 'manual' to work with.

Reply to
gray

Things are coming together now.

Any ideas on the size and length of

1 - Injection Pump Setting Pin 2 - Crankshaft setting Rod

Any other way round the offical 'Flywheel stop' bracket.

Reply to
gray

One of these

Duncan Wood

Crickey £50. Not worth it. Unless you are going to do them day in day out.

Hopefully I shall only do this once in the vechiles life time or my life time.

I know on the pug 206 all you need is 2 different sized drills to hold everything in place and an ordinary hex head bolt.

I wonder if they are the same sizes.

Reply to
gray