Hysterical Laughter aside...

Where can I find a workshop manual for a 2.2 Sintra (ducks) and any tips on what might cause the clutch pedal to not return on its own. Clutch is fine as manually pulling the pedal back up will engage the clutch and it drives just fine. Please be gentle.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

If it's a hydraulic clutch, the seals on the master cylinder can sort of turn inside out or something, not sure of the technicalities.

We had bother with a Saab 9-5 (Another GM product) where the clutch pedal wouldn't return to normal but the clutch worked fine otherwise as you describe and the dealer replaced the clutch master cylinder under warranty. That seemed to fix it.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Sounds like a faulty clutch master cylinder.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

In message , Mrcheerful writes

Damn that was fast, the first reply and yours both name the same part... Well worth further investigation. I'll take a look this weekend and see what I can find. Thanks.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Also, the hose from the master to the slave can perish internally and form a sort of one-way valve.

Al.

Reply to
Al