I've got my Volvo T5 :-)

[...Vmax...]

Sweden, by way of Germany. :)

Nope, my next car should come with one though.

You're thinking of the E34 B10 BiTurbo, mine is E39 with a n/a 4.6l V8

No tardis option until last year... ;)

Alistair J Murray
[...Elvington...]

I'm in Edinburgh, closer to twenty...

Alistair J Murray

Ahhh yes, some of the petrol stations don't have optimax on the way down.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I'd like to be able to do that, but the cruise controls on my S70 don't have an explicit cancel - I can turn it off, and I can change the speeds, but to temporarily cancel it, the only way is by tapping the brake pedal - but I do just mean tapping it. Somebody would have to be seriously overreacting to need to brake because of a very quick tap sufficient to disengage cruise.

Not sufficient to actually cause any noticable slow down, and I would hope so momentarily brief that any following drivers wouldn't think they needed to react. I've seen this sort of thing in the past, so I recognise the whole disengaging cruise by very briefly tapping the brakes.

Later Volvo models probably have an actual cancel or interrupt button.

That probably makes good sense.

It's not the iconvenience of it, it's just that I know that some aftermarket systems have this feature. I seem to remember reading Dervy's website, that I think the aftermarket kit he has on his Ka features this.

Reply to
Douglas Hall

Who says that proper tracks don't shag your tyres? :-) I reckon the last track day at Castle Combe with a Celica turbo took a few

1000 miles off the tyres. No wonder the old hands take a set of track tyres.

It's the high speed corners and jinking through the chicanes that does it for me. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

{of jaunts to foreign climes}

Ah. Why doesn't it have turbos then? Are you some kind of pussy?

Heh.

Reply to
Douglas Payne
[...]

I'm not sure turbos wound suit it - small ones might strangle the top end and big 'uns would be laggy - it's got VANOS vvt so it grunts from ~1300-6000rpm, it already behaves like a 4.0 M60 with a LPT... :)

Who needs turbots?

Alistair J Murray

Trawlermen.

With 4.6l, you aren't really in the position of needing a substitute for cubic capacity, are you?

Reply to
Steve Walker

With a V8 though it's still four cylinders short of a full engine.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And runs on the wrong fuel too.

Reply to
DervMan

Yeah Nitromethane is king.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

As I understand it, the saying is good ol' boy American in origin. They might have heard of some damn new fangled vee-ten injuns, but I reckon a twelve cylinder car would be considered witchcraft.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Burn the heretic!

Reply to
Steve Walker

[...]

Indeedy!

My need is less desperate than many. :)

Alistair J Murray

The message from Steve Walker contains these words:

I bet 5-cyl engines confuse'em.

Reply to
Guy King

In message , Guy King writes

In-line 5's enough so, but a VW V5? I'm sure they'd find something in the Old Testament proving it to be Just Plain Wrong.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Yeah, and displacements measured in CC.

Reply to