Inside of front driver side tyre wearing badly

In fact, last time I took it to the garage the tyre was well shredded.

Took it to Nationwide and they said one of the suspension joints had some play in it so they changed it. I assumed they did the tracking after this.

Trouble is my current tyre is wearing the same way.

Its only the one wheel as well.

Any ideas?

Reply to
paulfoel

something is bent, badly fitted or worn, those are the only likely causes, apart from bodywork rubbing, very bad driving and the like.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Assumptions are often bad to rely on.

I had front wishbones replaced on our 306 last year by a local garae. I assumed that they'd do the tracking afterwards as everything would be well out.

2 months later I had a very bald inside of each tyre which needed replacing.

To be honest, I kind of expected they wouldn't have but never got round to checking it myself.

David Hearn

It's not the tracking then. Lower arm bushes? Strut top mounts? Something is worn/bent/broken somewhere.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Actually, it turns out that both front tyres were worn on the inside.

Also, tracking was 2mm out.

Reply to
paulfoel