why is it????

Why is it that I have kept cars for aeons and no trouble. Now I have got 2 newish cars - one 2 years ago and other this week and both of the damn things had a nail in the rear offside tyre???? First one they repaired without trouble - other one to be sorted as I've only just found the damn thing when I took the wheel off this morning after checking low tyre pressure for a few days. Phone dealers and the nice salesman says "Its Sunday sir so please phone the workshop after 8 am tomorrow and we'll try and do something."

Oh well, at least he didn't tell me that it wasn't covered by w'tee!

Reply to
GarryM

I had that. Three tyres in a week One repairable, other two were sidewall damage and the tyres had to be replaced. The sidewall ones were probably malicious. Strange thing is it wa son the Micra not the Merc, so there must be someone round here did not like Micras for some reason.

Incidentally I went to Farmer Autocare to get the first one done and was not impressed at all. In fact I have never been quite so disappointed by anyones attitude to a customer, but then it is a franchise so it might vary from town to town.

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

Could be a 4x4 driver living near fishman.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

????????????Could be a 4x4 driver living near fishman.?????????????

Reply to
GarryM

First of all, please don't top post.

Secondly - you're new around here, aren't you? This is a local newsgroup for local people. There's nothing for you here :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

sorry AstraVan man - i'll just go and pump up my tyre and then crawl away and hide somewhere then.

Reply to
GarryM

At least you haven't had what happened to me. I purchased a new car, at 90 miles it had a flat tyre. Contacted the garage where I bought it and was advised to take it to there tyre fitters who asked when I last had a puncture, I said why and they replied you have a tube in that tyre!!!!!! I came to the conclusion that the wheel must have been damaged during delivery to the garage. The total mileage I had driven was about 40 miles!!! The garage and I had a very interesting conversation!!!!!!!

Ray

Reply to
R.E. Jeffery

They haven't both been in the same workshop have they?

and was it nails, or bits of welding rod? .....

Reply to
R. Murphy

I can't see why it should be covered by the warrantee.

Reply to
deadmail

Did you visit B&Q. Got a nail just like you did. I had 7 psi when I discovered the nail, pumped it up to 35 psi. Next morning the pressure had dropped to 30 psi, hence I could estimate that it had happened 2-3 days earlier when I visited B&Q after work. I guess something must have dropped off a builders lorry around where I parked.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, snipped-for-privacy@burnt.org.uk decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I don't see why warranty should be written like that.

Reply to
Pete M

cos it was punctured when the car was picked up. Mind you the other problem was also interesting - it was that one of the 3 bolts on the offside upper mounting point of the front suspension strut (in the engine bay) was missing - 2 were present and third one missing. No-one inc me noticed it initially. It had been serviced and had an MOT too.

Reply to
GarryM

What's a "warrantee"? Similar to a warranty?

Reply to
Vincent Vega

yes, but dissimilar to a "guaranty" ;-)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Some warranties (Gislaved is the one I've had experience of) will cover something like this.

If it's vandalised or damaged before the tyre is 25% worn (75% of the tread left), they'll give you a new tyre.

There's then a sliding scale depending on the wear.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Last time I was in the States, I bought a puncture repair kit which doesn't need the tyre taken off the rim. Useful for such occasions but possibly illegal over here.

Reply to
Grizzly

Probably shouldn't be written like that in this context. My mistake.

Reply to
deadmail

Often sold as 'get you home solutions' for motorcycles; a rubber plug and adhesive. Personally I've not been convinced by them but have had limited success although it's a very temporary repair. Ultraseal on the other hand seems to work well enough.

Reply to
deadmail

If you're wondering what people are complaining about, when you post a reply at the top, it is known as "top posting" and is deprecated on usenet (where we are). What *most* people prefer is "inline quoting" where you put comments after what you are commenting on. Course, some places on usenet would rather you top posted when not inline quoting, because it saves paging down when there's nothing else added except "me too" after ten pages of debate.

Round here, best to bottom post or inline quote, unlike this post. Damn, I spoiled it. Still, at least you know there's nothing below what needs reading. ;)

Apparently >cos it was punctured when the car was picked up. Mind you the other problem

Reply to
Questions

TFT

Reply to