is it me? England Flags

I arrived back here on Sunday after a fortnight in France. As I got nearer to Calais I kept passing British cars with waving English flags. I wondered what the hell was going on. My first thought was it was something to do with D-Day and I wondered why they weren't Union Flags to also commemorate all the Welsh, Scots and Irish who fought.

Then I remembered the football.

Wonder how may Brits in France will still be flying their flags after this Sunday!!!

Reply to
Doctor D.

I was down in England on business the last few days - what's with those flag's? Is the queen's birthday coming up or something ???? ;-)

Reply to
Doug

Isn't Renaults a plural of a single Renault - therefore it doesn't need an apostrophe. Unless it is to imply that the car belongs to Renault.

Must take some photo's and buy some new sock's.

Reply to
John

Somehow the flags remind me of some sort of build up to a revolution in a middle eastern country. I don't like them. What happened to the nice triangular pennants that stuck to the inside of window to show that you had been to Skegness?

Reply to
John

I've just seen one on a scooter. I think the idiot thought it was a suitable substitute for the ripped in half L plate he was sporting

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Sod the football, I have stuck a union jack on my rear windscreen (where it doesn't obstruct vision of course) to say thanks to the D-day heroes.

If anyone else wants to do the same I have PDF'd it so go get it from my website, print it out and blu-tack it with pride to your car!!

My car's a Rover so it's doubly patriotic :)

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

In news:40c8ee9a$0$6326$ snipped-for-privacy@mercury.nildram.net, Andrew Ratcliffe decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

*NICE ROVER*

sorry, I had to...

Reply to
Pete M

Bloody apostrophe's!

Reply to
Mark W

Only if they impede vision in any way - as with furry dice. The current crop of window mounted ones fly above the car's line of sight so should present no problem. Mind you... When one comes off the car in front of you on the motorway and plants itself squarely on your windscreen things could get dramatic.

I expect the police will get around to picking people up on it. They are just not too quick on the uptake but as soon as one does it they'll all join in. [ Name and registration number withheld ]

Vin

Reply to
Vin

You my dear friend are in a minority (sadly) most "patriots" (which means prats/racist/hypocrotis) buy foreign cars then but chinese/foreign (brit flags) that cost 13P and cost £4.99 to make to attach to their cars for briish footie stars so they can tell papers that do not agree to publish the rubish sent out by their companies to f=== off / any excuse so they can continue their £100kper week - they don'tfive a sruff - why should y0u

why shpuld patriotism be nore important tp you than selfish little prigs /english footie players who could not give a stuff excpet earn £100k per week

Reply to
maxwell

The message from "maxwell" contains these words:

Does anyone else have trouble understanding everything maxwell writes?

Reply to
Guy King

No, law's don't get enforced anyway, so Police wouldn't stop people for their flags. However, they could easily stop the cars for other crimes.

Law's are a waste of time, I had somebody go around a rounabout the wrong way a few days ago and he tooted at me because I was there. He doesn't understand that if he went around it the correct way (the legal way) then there wouldn't have been a problem! It was only a mini round about, but it was a raised one and he still should've gone around it. I've learnt from the situation though, but tooting wasn't really necessary. It was one of those 'stale-mate' situations, ie. somebody at every point of the roundabout. I didn't want to stop moving and went with somebody else, which improved the traffic flow.

Reply to
Peter

So is teaching English in schools, apparently. NO apostrophe in a plural, Peter.

Reply to
Steve Burt

The message from petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Peter) contains these words:

So's teaching people where to put apostrophes and where not.

Reply to
Guy King

As it turned out, unwarranted pre match celebrating?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

I'm stuck on anything

Reply to
DuncanWood

Guy King ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I've managed to decode enough to know that you're actually better off not understanding the little turd's loathsome views.

Reply to
Adrian

Possibly. This last post left me (mentally) out of breath after reading it= =20 though!

Pete.

--=20 NOTE! Email address is spamtrapped. Any email will be bounced to you Remove the news and underscore from my address to reply by mail

Reply to
Pete Smith

That was the first thing that crossed my mind reading his post.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Guy King saying something like:

Everything? Anything, itym.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon