It Leaks !

I have a1999 Vauxhall Vectra 1.8 LS. I seem to be losing quite a lot of fluid from the container that houses the steering fluid. It must be leaking out somewhere ? Please advise

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

First advise is don't drive it with no PAS fluid - you'll trash the steering rack. Have a look at the lines that connect into the reservoir.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

Look for the leak. Not many places it can do. Follow the pipes from the reservoir.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Check the return line from the rack, on my Mondeo (probably totally different on a Vaux) it runs through a heat exchanger (like a "U" shaped metal tube with fins) in front of the radiator. Mine leaked a bit, then a lot, £45 from the Ford dealer.

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)