Jacks

Hi all,

Lent my axle stands to someone and am having difficulty getting them back.... need to replace my front pads so is it reasonably safe to do that without stands - I could use both my bottle jack and the emergency jack I guess - ??

Thanks,

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

just stick a wheel underneath the car as a safety

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks, will do...

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Spikings

I wouldn't worry if it is just the pads you are doing, I only use a jack for that. The danger is if you are under the car, which you shouldn't be when doing just the pads.

Reply to
Brian