K Series Engine Help

Evening all

Was just wondering if there is anywhere on the web where you can find information about dismantling a K Series Engine (Rover 414 or MG Metro) as some cowboys put a different engine into her car for the make and we do not have a manual.

I have had a look but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be appreciative.

Donna

Reply to
Raindancer411

Buy the Haynes manual for the 214/414? What do you actually need to do - I've got an old one lying around.....

Reply to
Chris Street

Thanks for reply Chris. I have an N Reg 214 rover book myself but just wasnt sure if the procedure would be the same as the engine in the one my sister has. I dont know much about cars (am learning slowly) ;)

Was just after any of the sets on how to go about taking the engine apart so boyfriend can see if there are any things of importance he needs to note.

Donna

Reply to
Raindancer411

It almost certainly will be. The only real difference could be the fuelling system, pre facelift they used a single point injection, afterwards it was multipoint.

I've stripped my engine a couple of times, so if you do get problems drop me a note and I'll see if I can help.

Reply to
Chris Street

The appropriate Haynes manual?

Different engine into what car?