lighting components supplier?

Hi all,

I'm trying to track down some add-on lamps for a custom application - side/indicator units, ultrasmall square clear or red lamps etc.

So far I've tried

and they haven't got *quite* what I'm after.

Is there somebody out there who lists vehicle lamps as separate commodity items, en masse? I'm sure such-and-such car would have standard lamps that might suit. Sadly most of the scrappies round my way don't have anything older than mid-1990s and everything has become so bloody specific since then.

BTW it's for a de-bumpered Bertone X1/9. I'm trying to cover the hidden old-style front side/indicator holes (originals are rocking-horse poo), and put something natty *in* the square chassis ends left from removing the bumpers - like driving lamps, rear fogs. They're around 38mm square...

Thanks, Ken.

Reply to
DocDelete

These days pretty all cars have individually designed lamp units.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have you tried the commercial vehicle suppliers like Lucas, Hella, Rubberlite etc? what about the LED lights used as marker lights on trailers.

Reply to
Russ

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "DocDelete" saying something like:

Europa...

Grimly Curmudgeon

is the only other one I have onmy bookmarks

Alex

Reply to
Alex

You could try Premier Wiring Systems, or possibly Martini Spares (the Brummy who goes to all the shows and has shed loads of stuff).

Otherwise you need to get the catalogues from some of the manufacturers e.g. Hella, Lucas.

Reply to
Richard Porter

Try

It's worth ringing and having a chat with Martin. I have no connection, just an impressed and satisfied customer. Pete

Reply to
Peter