Lights

Tigra 1998

When i brake my sidelights come one. When i have got my normal lights on for driving at night my break lights are on all the time. Ive checked all the bulbs and fuses and dont think there is a problem, anyone have any ideas what it might be? Im shit with cars.

Cheers

Liam

Reply to
li

Sounds like a dodgy earth to me - this sort of thing nearly always is. Try cleaning all the contacts in the bulb clusters and also all the connecing points and any earth straps bolted to the car's body.

Reply to
Andrew Ratcliffe

"Li@m" mumbled:

It's almost certainly the earth connection for that lamp cluster or the one of the other side.

Have a look around the back of the lamps and you'll find somewhere a wire or two (or more) going to a tag bolted to the chassis. Usually it's just that that's a bit corroded/dirty, but it may be in the bulbholders or elsewhere.

Reply to
Guy King

lights

this can and often is caused by someone fitting the wrong bulb, a single pole in a twin pole holder.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

You've gotta love the way some people just force the bulb to turn in it's holder without actually checking if it's the right one. Yep, sounds like someone's put an R382 where an R380 should be.

Reply to
Chewie

thanks all sorted now, was one of the brake light bulbs with the double filaments, the one filament had kind of grown over to the other one, heh.

cheers

Liam

Reply to
li

Hello,

Strange problem, I have known people to get into a Nova or Clio and their front foglights come on when they drive forward. Hope you get it sorted, I think it's all wired wrong!

Reply to
jtx57